Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back to Work!

Well, Spring Break has ended and it's back to work tomorrow. I always get so irritable and antsy the day before I go back when I've had a little break! However, I am thankful that I am in a profession where we are allowed these nice breaks throughout the year. I truly think that it is for our sanity and the childrens' safety that teachers and students get the breaks we do throughout the year...LOL.

Anyway, throughout this break I have become more aware of some things I'm not sure I would have ever become aware of were I not a working mom. I have always found that since I am away from EG all day during the work week, I truly appreciate every second that I spend with her. Now, I'm certainly not saying that stay at home or work at home moms don't appreciate the time they spend with their kids, but I know that working keeps it at the forefront of my mind all the time. The highlight of my day, every day, is picking her up in the afternoons. I am just as happy to see her as she is to see me. I also find that I try very hard to make the most of the time I spend with her in the evenings, on the weekends, and during breaks. Sure there are things that have to be done like grocery shopping, house work, etc. But, I still try to include EG in those things by taking her with me to the grocery store rather than leaving her at home (even though that would be much faster and easier at times!!) or letting her "help" me with chores around the house. I just love spending time with her! I think that maybe if I stayed at home it might be easier for me to take for granted the time I have with her, but working makes me realize how precious it is. One day maybe I'll be able to stay home with her full time, and if that day comes I know that my experience as a working mom will have done nothing but help me to appreciate staying at home even more.

Even though we were not able to go on vacation this Spring Break, it has been one of my favorites so far. Also, since my husband is not currently working due to being laid off, we were able to spend time together as a family all week. It has actually been one of my favorite Spring Breaks so far! We have had more fun together this week than in the last few months combined. We've been to the park, on walks, digging for worms, planting flowers, to the zoo (so fun!), and just enjoyed sleeping in. Loving life right now!

Just some thoughts from a mom trying to feel better about going back to work tomorrow...

I think it may have worked :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect Spring Break Staycation!

    Hope tomorrow isn't too hard for you!

    ReplyDelete