Sunday, April 19, 2009

Great for Mother's Day! Mommy and Me Apron Set by Angela Huse {Review}

My little one loves to play in the kitchen! It's by far her favorite room in the house, and she pretty much has free roam of all of the lower cabinets with the exception of the locked one beneath our sink. She loves to help Daddy cook dinner or Mommy bake cookies (yes, Daddy does the majority of the cooking, and Mommy does the fun stuff!). She is constantly saying "let's see" and asking us to hold her up so that she can be in the action. I thought it might be fun for Mother's Day if EG and I had our own set of matching aprons to wear in the kitchen, and Angela Huse of Angela Kay Designs was happy to provide us with a set to review. I thought an apron might make EG feel even more like she's doing something special by "helping" us cook, and one that matches Mommy's would be the icing on the cake. The beautiful apron set pictured definitely did the trick! I am so excited to share this set with you because, not only is it beautiful, but Angela was great to work with and provided me with several beautiful fabric samples and options to choose from. You all know I'm in love with Amy Butler, so I picked this Amy Butler floral print and coordinating dots print. As you can see, the aprons came out fabulous, and the little details on each make them all the more special. On EG's full apron (just like the one here), I just love the satin ruffle around the middle! It adds that girly touch that I love. It fits her perfect because of the adjustable neck and waist ties, and would fit a much older child as well (made for size 2T to 4T). As cute as it is, I think you could wear it with a shirt and leggings or jeans underneath too! EG thinks she is hot stuff when she has it on, and we can't get it off of her without a fight. I thought she was going to have to sleep in it the night we first tried it on her! The matching Mommy apron is just as adorable too. It is a half apron with very generous straps to fit just about any size. The details on it complement the child's apron with the same fabrics and satin ruffle. On the Mommy apron, however, the ruffle adorns the top of a pocket on the front. It also has a scalloped hem that adds a nice feminine touch. The aprons just look too cute together, and it makes cooking in the kitchen so much fun (truly)! I've never had an apron before (not sure if that's odd or not, but it's true!), and I just feel so "fun" when I wear this precious one! 

I guarantee you will be pleased with anything you purchase from Angela Kay Designs. You can purchase the apron set just like I reviewed, the child's apron, and even toddler/doll matching sets (great for birthday or everyday gifts for little ones!). She will work with you on just about every detail, and get it to you in no time. Add some fun and flair to your kitchen for Mother's Day and get this set for yourself (or your grandma, aunt, niece, etc.). Better yet, send your hubby over to Angela Huse to get a set for you. At $45 for the set, they really are a bargain too for a set of such high quality! Whoever you buy them for, you're sure to love them!!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute aprons. Good informative blog. http://www.seymourdabull.com/BBQ-and-Cooking_c25.html

    ReplyDelete