Saturday, February 21, 2009

Follow that squeak! Mooshu Trainers Toddler Shoes Review


Nothing gets you in the mood for spring more than a pair of fabulous sandals (even if they aren't for you...)! So imagine my delight when these pink beauties from Mooshu Trainers showed up on my doorstep for EG! At first glance, I could honestly say that these were the cutest little sandals I'd ever seen. I couldn't wait to try them on EG and see how she liked them. But, before I tell you how much we LOVED them, let me tell you a little about Mooshu Trainers, Inc. First of all, they are compliant with all CPSIA regulations and included a copy of their compliance certificates with the shoes. This tells me that they have my child's best interests in mind and stay on top of the latest rules and regulations regarding children's items. Based out of Dallas, TX, Mooshu Trainers, Inc. makes many different styles of children's squeaky shoes. Their collection includes Plain Mary Janes (which are anything but plain with the variety of colors and addition of rhinestones to some of them!), Flower Sandals, Boys Sandals, Boys Loafers, their new Mary Jane Tennis Shoes, and their original Add-a-Bow Mary Janes and Sandals (which are fabulous because you can switch out the bows to match any outfit!). All of their shoes have squeakers in the heel that make a squeak with every properly placed step. Now, I know some of you are thinking, "squeakers...what!!". But, hear me out. First of all, the squeakers are removable. If you ever feel like you'd rather not hear a squeak with every one of your child's many little steps, the squeakers are very easily removed (just be sure to put them in a safe place since they are a choking hazard...and so you don't lose them). However, you just might find you want to leave them in, at least for a little while. First, they help your child to walk properly (heel to toe) by rewarding them with the little "squeak" sound. Second, the squeakers make it very easy to identify your child and find them both at home and in public. Hopefully you would never have to find them in public, but this would definitely make it easier! This would be particularly useful in situations with large crowds and many people! Finally, the squeaks were quite entertaining to EG and she didn't want to take the shoes off! Did I mention that she hates to wear shoes? Okay, I rest my case for the squeakers. Now, onto the style and function of the shoes. In a word...perfect! The leather they are made from is unbelievably, buttery soft. Much softer than the leather on any of my own shoes (somehow that's just not right!). There isn't a "rough" part on the entire shoe, and I imagine EG would be able to wear them all day with no problem at all. The color is vibrant and beautiful, and the rhinestone in the middle of the flower adds a little bit of flair. They were so cute on EG that I'm sad it's still a little too chilly to wear them out. We did try them out around the house, and these are the only pair of shoes EG actually wants to put on. They must be comfortable, because I have to pry them off of her feet, and I've alrady mentioned how much she loves the squeakers. I would most definitely buy another pair of Mooshu Trainers and would urge you to try them out for yourself. You can find a complete list of retailers (both retail stores and online retailers) on the Mooshu website. Check 'em out!

2 comments:

  1. I love these shoes!! Addy has SEVERAL pair! And we always get compliments on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    size 13 trainers

    ReplyDelete